Thursday, July 1, 2021

Waiting To Open


 The past year or so I have been waiting for Japan to open.  Many of you as well.  Hopefully, the sooner, the better.  Vaccines are here as well as other treatments, so vaccine the elderly and get on with life.  When the Olympics are over, I think the situation will change and Japan will slowly allow visitors again.  

My primary job in Japan is promoting tourism for the Okehazama Battlefield and I am a member of the Arimatsu Okehazama Battlefield Preservation Committee.  My focus is preserving the battlefield as well as giving tours in English and Japanese (primarily in English).  Besides Okehazama, I do some work in Gifu as well.  I studied and lived in Gifu, so Gifu is my adopted hometown.  There in Gifu, I give tours on Nobunaga, Saito Dosan, and Nohime.  

Now the painful part.  I feel for the students who are trying to get back in.  Again, I was one myself.  These students are the ones who are going out of the way to make sure they learn the language, culture, and customs.  These people will eventually enrich Japan in the future.

Hopefully, I will return later in the year or early next year.  For me, the sooner the better, since there is so much to do at the Okehazama Battlefield.  


Tenka no tame!

No comments: