Thursday, October 10, 2024

Ichijonotani Video


 This is one of the best videos I have seen in a long time regarding the ruins of the Asakura stronghold of Ichijodani. In 1573, Nobunaga led his army into Echizen (modern day Fukui) and put Ichijodani to the torch. Mr. Bushido does a fantastic job explaining the area and the history. Unfortunately, it was hot that day you can see Mr. Bushido constantly wiping his face with a hand towel. That being said, he is always enthusiastic about history which makes this video enjoyable to watch. The video includes a visit to the open air museum, which I have visited myself years ago. If you want to know life was like during the Sengoku Era, the museum will give you clues. I highly recommend a visit to the Asakura ruins and the museum. Also Mr. Bushido visits another museum related to Ichijodani. Unfortunately, I have not been there myself. However, it is a must to visit because once again it shows life was like during the Sengoku area. Also worth mentioning that Ichijodani was once called Little Kyoto due to the nobles and other officials who fled during the Onin war.

Tenka no tame!

No comments: