Thursday, October 21, 2010

Okehazama trip II

My one week trip back to Japan was a huge success. Many thanks to the Kajino family and Yuko Hiwada. I have to say the walking tour with Mr. Yukio Kajino was the major highlight of the trip. In my opinion, you will need at least one day to walk around both Okehazama battlefields and an extra day as well to visit other landmarks related to the battle.

Even though I have written a book about the battle, I have to admit that there is a ton of new information that has been published the past year or so. Mr. Wataru Kajino has updated his book and must say, a must have. That includes the fiction novels, magazine articles, and the like.

The statues were a real treat to look at. I thought they would be bigger, but the size suit the battlefield park nicely. Here is one fact that caught me by surprise. This is the first Imagawa Yoshimoto statue in Japan. Even the great Sengoku historian Owada Tetsuo was a little surprised as well. As for the Nobunaga statue, it was different from the usual that I have seen. My favorite statue is the Golden Nobunaga in Gifu city, but this new statue blends right in with the Okehazama battlefield.

I have many more photos to share and plan to post them later in the future.

Nobunaga no tame!

No comments: