Monday, January 15, 2018

Old Okehazama Photos



I am slowly working on a picture book on the Battle of Okehazama.  When will the book be finished?  I do not know.  That being said I received some old photos from the Kajino family on Okehazama.  These photos are from Sakakibara Kunihiko Okehazama Kassen Shashin Shu, which was published in 1993.  Mr. Sakakibara has another book on Okehazama, Okehazama Kassen Kenkyu, a book I highly recommend.

The first photo above is the old Okehazama Battlefield Park.  You will notice right away there is not much modern development.  The second photo is Narumi Castle.  The landmark area almost looks completely virgin.  What I like about the photos is that it gives us historians some clues what the battlefield might have looked like before modern development.  It was still extremely rural.

Tenka no tame!

No comments: