Saturday, August 10, 2019

Wakakihi no Nobunaga Review


Wakakihi no Nobunaga

Released in 1959 (Black and White)
Director: Kazuo Mori
Nobunaga: Ichikawa Raizo Yayoi: Kindaichi Atsuko

http://www.kabuki21.com/wakaki.php

After several years of trying to find Ichikawa Raizo's take on Nobunaga, I have finally was able to see it myself.  To tell you the truth, I was disappointed in this film in general.  The link above gives you the whole story of the film.  This film has nothing to do with Saito Dosan nor Nohime.  It focuses on the Yamaguchi and Nobunaga's hostage Yayoi.  As for Raizo's role, he makes it worth to watch.  His performance of Nobunaga is above average.  As for Raizo's performance of Atsumori, I enjoyed it and it is one of the better ones I have seen in awhile.  Nakamuea Kinnosuke's Fuunji Oda Nobunaga is much better and more dramatic.  That film too, was released in 1959.

Nobunaga no tame!

No comments: