Sunday, November 17, 2019

Mitsuhide Taiga in Trouble


The 2020 Akechi Mitsuhide NHK Taiga drama is major trouble.  Actress Erika Sawajiri has been arrested on drug charges.  Erika's lead role in the 2020 NHK Taiga was Nobunaga's wife Nohime.  She  has been taken off the list.  So far, there will be no re-shooting of the drama or another actress to fill in the role.  I am in shock.  Why would do that type of garbage she knows Japan's policy towards drugs is brutal.  Unfortunately, in the US actors/actresses who are caught with drugs are often praised since there is no shame.  It is a badge of honor for them.  She was selfish and now she has nearly put the whole Mitsuhide project in jeopardy.

I had high hopes for drama.  From what I understand, the cast is great as well as the script.  Now, the drama is in limbo because one stupid bimbo decided to use drugs. As I chatted with a friend last night, the NHK Taiga drama needs a blockbuster to keep it moving.  This was it and now it looks like it might do down the toilet.  I still think in my opinion a new brutal and bloody Nobunaga Taiga needs to be made.   A Nobunaga drama that will scare the bejesus out of people.  Something like Ran, but more terrifying.  If a Nobunaga drama is going to be made like that.  I am in and willing to help.

Tenka no tame!

No comments: