Monday, April 15, 2013

Onna Nobunaga I


Earlier this month Onna Nobunaga movie was aired.  It was based on the novel written by Kenichi Sato.  Amami Yuki played the role as Nobunaga.  From what I understand the word on the street was she played the part well.  Uchino Masaaki played Akechi Mitsuhide, Koyuki as Nohime, and Nishida Toshiyuki as Oda Nobuhide.

I did write a post on the novel back in 2008.  http://otsuke.blogspot.com/2008/06/onna-nobunaga.html
The link for the movie is here: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/onna-nobunaga/index.html

I have not seen the movie yet, but excited to watch it when the chance comes.  For a historical fantasy film, this looks interesting.

Owari ni hikari wo.

Nobunaga no tame!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there!I've been following your blog for a while and as a huge Nobunaga fan,I love it!

I am happy you decided to talk about Onna Nobunaga. At the beginning I was sceptical about this but when I watched it, I found that Amami Yuki did a wonderful job as Nobunaga.The part about Nobunaga's young and crazy days is just breathtaking.

All the best!
Barbara
momographica.com

otsuke said...

Thanks. I want to see the movie so bad. I have only seen snippets on You Tube as well as the huge interview with the cast. That being said, I still have not seen the Nohime movie either.

Unknown said...

Hello Otsuke!
Thank you for your kind reply!
You can download the special via torrent from this site:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_132527.htm

I really hope it helps! :)

Barbara

otsuke said...

Hi Barbara,

The link works and the movie is there, but I get nothing but a blank white screen. I will try to figure out the problem a bit later. Thanks for the link. addicts will probably have the Nohime drama as well.

Unknown said...

The website is called D-Addicts, just google it!
Nohime jdrama's aviable with subtitles on a streaming website named Dramacrazy (again, just google it!)! Hope it helps :)

otsuke said...

Thanks again. :-)

D_A Renoir said...

I just watched this movie. It's a very interesting take on everything.

Hideyoshi being somewhat malicious was something I don't see often so it was a surprise too. I could understand, because Nobunaga being a woman would change people's perspective of him/her when they find out, but it was still shocking.

otsuke said...

I will be writing another post on this later. It very interesting because it is so different from other historical dramas. If you learn anything from this drama, it was hard for a woman in the upper crust to live in a man's world. You can see the mental and physical toll it took on Onna Nobunaga/Ocho/

D_A Renoir said...

Yes, you're right. She seems so stressed out that the ending where she's finally free of the duties of being a man it makes such an impact.