Sunday, April 28, 2013

Azuchi Castle News


I have not done anything regarding Azuchi Castle of late.  To tell you the truth, it has been years since have visited Azuchi.  That said, there is a great article on the web that I found on Azuchi Castle and its Chinese origins.  http://chaari.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/aas-report-5-the-chinese-origins-of-azuchis-tenshu/

I do have Naito Akira's Fukugen Azuchijo and Oda Nobunaga to Azuchijo by Akita Hiroki.  Both books are highly recommended on the study of Azuchi Castle.  Some key points on Azuchi Castle: the massive use of stone, lots of gold used in decoration, and roof-tile as well.  One of the big drawbacks of Azuchi was that it had a stairwell rising up the hill which did not enhance its defense.  By the way, Azuchi Castle ruins is on my agenda next when I am in Japan.

Nobunaga no tame!

No comments: