Sunday, July 10, 2011

Japonius Tyrannus Review

Suzanne Gay did a review of Jeroen Lamers's biography on Oda Nobunaga, Japonius Tyrannus. A nice review and hopefully for those who do not have the book, will be convinced to buy it. It is worth its weight in gold. You have to trust me on this.

Here is some of the review by Gay:

"It is quite possible, it seems to me, that Nobunaga had the intellectual capacity, not to mention political shrewdness, to apply concepts of statehood to his rule. Mr. Lamers, however, seems to determined to portray him at all costs as a pragmatist."

The rest of the review can be read here:

http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.php?id=5303

Nobunaga no tame!

2 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

It is by far my favorite Japanese history book. I have it sitting right here on my table.

otsuke said...

My copy is showing wear and tear after many uses. That is a good thing. It is one of of the most important books in my library.