Monday, October 14, 2013

Okehazama Novel



I just finished writing my first rough draft of the Okehazama novel.  Later, I gave the copy to a friend of mine to look it over.  Also, I will bring a slightly different rough draft copy with me to Japan next month.  It is a fiction novel with the usual cast of characters that include, Nobunaga, Imagawa Yoshimoto, Matsudaira Motoyasu (Ieyasu), and the Men of the Fields (Hachisuka Koroku and Maeno Shoemon).  There is a list of the Matsudaira/Imagawa armies as well as a KIA list.

I have written details on several castles and forts with their dimensions and history, geography of the Okehazama battlefield and other provinces, and more importantly, the critical role that the Men of the Fields contributed to Nobunaga's victory.  The Men of the Fields did the dirty work for Nobunaga and it paid off big time.  Without them, Nobunaga's victory might have been impossible.

After everyone's input and the editing is finished, I am planning to go the e-publishing route.

More later.

Nobunaga no tame! 

No comments: