Sunday, August 17, 2014

Okehazama NHK Documentary I


I found a link to the NHK Okehazama documentary that was aired in July 2007.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrdUP0oEzic  I have my own personal copy that I received a couple of years ago.  The reason why I added this link is the Randori (chaos taking) that is mentioned in the Koyo Gunkan.  Around the eight minute mark or so, the Koyo Gunkan Randori is mentioned.  I have doubts that there was a randori during the Battle of Okehazama.  That being said, I am glad the documentary aired all view points.

Fujimoto Masayuki's Okehazama*Nobunaga no Kishu Shinwa Wa Uso Datta, mentions this documentary on p. 107.  Again, read and decide for yourself.  I wrote a post on the Okehazama documentary last year: http://otsuke.blogspot.com/2013/07/okehazama-nhk-documentary.html  I suggest one should take the opportunity the see the documentary while they can.  Yes, it is in Japanese.  However, the host Matsudaira Sadatomo speaks softly and easy to understand.

Tenka no tame!

No comments: