Friday, August 28, 2015

Rekishi Gunzo



Earlier this week I received one of the new edition of Rekishi Gunzo's take on Oda Nobunaga.  The one on the right is the one I received in the mail.  It was published in 2010.  The one on the left was published in 2001 and I bought the copy in Japan a few years ago.  There is a major difference between the two.  The new copy on the right is repacked and condensed.  The one on the left has more meat and potatoes.  For example, a list of the Oda history, Nobunaga's relationships, and a list of battles.

While the new copy on the right is only a fraction of the old issue, it does has its perks.  For example, it has a list of museums dedicated to Nobunaga.  Also there is a one page article on Komaki Castle.  The key question is for me:  was it worth it to buy the condensed repacked material in the new issue?  My answer is yes.  Why?  Simply I am a sucker for anything Nobunaga related.  Also I did like the museum listings and the article on Komaki.

Nobunaga no tame!

No comments: