Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Okehazama 2016 Flyer


The Arimatsu Okehazama Festival will be held this weekend at the Arimatsu Okehazama Kosenjo.  I wish I could go and participate in the festivities as I did last year.  Mr. Yukio Kajino was kind enough to make a flyer about me and Okehazama, my participation at last year's festival, and my new Okehazama novel.  The original is in color and I had to print the flyer in black and white.  Thank you Mr. Kajino, I will be back next February.

As for the Battle of Okehazama, I have some interesting news.  I am currently reading a book Futatsu no Okehazama no Kassen "Takeda Nobutora to Oda Nobunaga" by Takeda Kensaku.  The is a good read so far.  It describes Takeda Nobutora's victory over the Imagawa (led by Kushima Masashige) at the Battle of Iidagawara in 1521 as his Okehazama.

Now some news on the Arimatsu and Toyoake Battlefields.  Both battlefields are close to one another.  By foot, according to Mr. Takeda, it is approximately 13 minutes apart (p. 96).  Now imagine the Battle of Okehazama in your head.  There was a lot of chaos and confusion going during the battle.  Soldiers fleeing for their lives as Nobunaga's army went for the kill.  Cut the time walking time in half or even two thirds.  Your approximate time to both sites might have been five to seven minutes.  I have always said both battlefields are related somewhat.

Tenka no tame!

No comments: