Sunday, March 1, 2020

Finally

Finally, Nobunaga makes his appearance in the Mitsuhide Taiga drama Kirin ga Kuru.  What I seen so far from the drama until now is barely watchable.  At times, I feel like Mitsuhide needs to appear on Miami Vice instead of the drama due to the bright and colorful clothes he wears.

On to some sad news, due to the coronavirus, I had to postpone my trip to Japan until the middle of September.  I am bummed out and somewhat depressed because I was looking forward to my presentation to the Okehazama committee on my views on the battle.  Also visiting Mr. Okehazama's grave.  I think people are panicking too much, but that is human nature.  Good things happen to those who wait.  It was not in God's plans at the moment and I have to wait a few more months.

To end the post I will include a passage from the Chronicle of Lord Nobunaga, on Mt. Hiei. (pp. 165-6).  "Soldiers shouting battle cries advanced up the mountains from all sides.  One by one they cut off the heads of priests and laymen, children, wise men, and holy men alike.  They presented the heads to Lord Nobunaga, saying ' Here is an exalted prelate, a princely abbot, a learned doctor, all the men renown at the top of Mount Hiei.  Moreover, they captured countless beautiful women and boys, and led them before Nobunaga.  'We don't care about the evil monks,' they shrieked, 'but spare us!'  Nobunaga, however, absolutely refused to reprieve them.  One by one they had their heads chopped off, a scene horrible to behold."

Nobunaga no tame!


No comments: