Saturday, May 1, 2021

Imagawa Yoshimoto Readings

 

May is the Battle of Okehazama month and recently Owada Tetsuo has updated his recommended readings for understanding Imagawa Yoshimoto and the Imagawa family.  He first starts off by telling the audience about the 500th anniversary of Yoshimoto's birth, the new statue in front of JR Shizuoka station, and finally the readings.

The first reading is for kids, students that is.  I think it is a great idea that schools are pushing this.  To understand the people who tried to build or unite Japan during the Sengoku Era.  Some of the books I do have in my personal library that he discusses.  For example, his own book on Yoshimoto and Imagawa-shi Metsubou by Oishi Yasushi.  However, there is one book he shows near the end I would like to have in my library. Imagawa Yoshimoto to Sono Jidai. That book was published earlier this year.  All of the books Owada explains is in Japanese.


Nobunaga no tame!

No comments: