Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kawanakajima















The 4th Battle of Kawanakajima is one of my favorite non Nobunaga battles. Yesterday I bought a book by Kazutoshi Hando, Tettei Bunseki Kawanakajima Kassen. I like the book so far. What is so fascinating about the battle is that Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen fought five times without a clear victor. Go figure. The 4th is the best. Kurumagakari, Operation Woodpecker by Yamamoto Kansuke, and Kenshin and Shingen in hand to hand combat. What a battle. The battle was open field and that was slowly coming to and end. Most battles would involve taking castles and forts later in the Sengoku Era.

I do have Toshiro Mifune's classic Furin Kazan movie. I love it and one movie I will never give away. As for the photo above, that was taken in the mid 90s. I was only there for a couple of minutes and had the time to take a quick photo.


Tenka no Tame!

No comments: