Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wakaki Hi no Nobunaga

In 1959, Fuunji Oda Nobunaga was in theaters in Japan starring Nakamura Kinnosuke. However, there was another movie about Nobunaga that same year starring Ichikawa Raizo. He played Nobunaga's role in Wakaki Hi no Nobunaga. Sadly, I have not seen the film yet and dying to get my hands on it.

According the the link, Wakaki Hi no Nobunaga premiered in October 1952 at Kabukiza and the drama was made up of three acts and four scenes. From what I am being told is that Ichikawa's Nobunaga role was above average. I really enjoyed Nakamura's role and it was a treat. Again, I cannot comment on Ichikawa's performance until I see it.

Here is the link: http://www.kabuki21.com/wakaki.php

If anybody know where I can purchase the flim, let me know ASAP.


Tenka no tame!

No comments: