Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Okehazama Battle Magazine


If you are looking for a general synopsis of the Battle of Okehazama, this magazine is for you. Shinsetsu Okehazama no Tatakai, Issue 10 came out on April 8th, 2008, and published by Shogakukan. I must say, this is one of the better history magazines dedicated to Okehazama.

The photos in the magazine are in rich full color, a major plus. Also it includes a Yoshimoto timeline and family tree, Imagawa temples, a list of both Oda and Imagawa generals, and nice maps as well. The magazine also has an article by historian/writer Izawa Motohiko which he writes about Okehazama's mysteries. I have to say, it does make you think.

The magazine does into the Imagawa house after Okehazama. For example, there is a photo of Kyoto's Shokokuji Temple where Nobunaga and Ujizane did meet with one another. If you are wondering about the battlefields, both are mentioned as places to visit.

If anything that caught my attention was the lack of photos of the Arimatsu Okehazama battlefield. I was somewhat disappointed about that. Overall, I am glad that I bought the magazine last year. I wished it was bought sooner.

Here is an article from the web on the Arimatsu Okehazama battlefield. Enjoy!

http://okehazama.net/modules/news/index.php?page=article&storyid=91

Tenka no tame!

No comments: