Thursday, June 14, 2012

Magazine Preview



I received Mizuno Seishiro's magazine on the Battle of Okehazama last week from a friend in Japan.  So far, I am impressed by the rich color photos and maps.  The magazine covers the Oda family presence in Owari to the Battle of Okehazama itself.  If you are interested in young Nobunaga's life, this magazine is for you. Both the Arimatsu and Toyoake battlefields are discussed.  Also the magazine has one day travel courses for those who are interested in visiting the historical landmarks. A major plus in my opinion.  Mr. Mizuno's bibliography uses the most current resources and his links are decent too.  There are a few things that I do not like about the magazine which will be discussed next month.  Overall, I do approve this magazine with two thumbs up.

Here is a nice Battle of Okehazama link:  http://kagiya.rakurakuhp.net/

Nobunaga no tame!

No comments: