Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ukino




A little over a year ago, I was able to visit the Ukino battlefield landmark. In 1558, Nobunaga scored a huge important victory in goal to unify Owari after defeating the Iwakura forces at the Battle of Ukino.  From Kiyosu Castle to the Ukino area was around six miles.  From Iwakura Castle, it was approximately three.  Kiyosu to Iwakura around four miles.  Matchlock rifles, bow and arrows, and spears were used in battle besides the sword.  That being said, there was one person who stood out at the Battle of Ukino, Nobunaga's gun instructor Hashimoto Ippa.  It was known that in the heat of battle, Ippa fired a double charge shot at Hayashi Yashichiro.  Nobunaga's army took more than 1,250 heads in their victory over the Iwakura.


Nobunaga no tame!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, i'm working on a project of the battlle of Okehazama for my university and I wonder if u can help me with bibliography or resources. I will be so gratefull. I bought your book and I'm enjoying the history of Nobunaga

Unknown said...

Hi, i'm working on a project of the battlle of Okehazama for my university and I wonder if u can help me with bibliography or resources. I will be so gratefull.

otsuke said...

Good evening! If you type in Okehazama sources on my blog search on the upper left hand corner, I have a lot of posts related to sources on the Battle of Okehazama. A lot of them are in Japanese.