2017 was a special year for Gifu since it was the 450th anniversary of its founding by Oda Nobunaga. Here are some things that went on in Gifu during its year long celebration:
- Japan Golf Open held in Gifu with Nobunaga as its symbol
- Water flow and ponds discovered at Gifu Castle Park
- Nohime's room discovered at Gifu Castle Park
- Megalith discovered at Gifu Castle Park, used by Nobunaga
- The highly successful Nobunaga Gallery held in Gifu
- 2017 Gifu Nobunaga Matsuri
- Nobunaga exam held in Gifu
- Nobunaga Gifu Palace tablet used by tourists
- Gifu FC soccer team Oda crest jersey
- Statue of Dota Gozen (Nobunaga's mother) and baby Nobunaga at Kani-shi Gifu
- Numerous Nobunaga Forums held in Gifu throughout the year
There is an old saying, "He who controls Mino will control Japan."
Tenka no tame!
Nobunaga no tame!