Friday, July 19, 2019

Azuchi Festival 2019




This was a real treat for back in early June.  I was able to go to the Nobunaga Azuchi Festival for the first time.  Also it will not be the last.  Now, the town of Azuchi is usually dead quiet for most of the year.  The only day of the year Azuchi seem to get lively is the Azuchi Nobunaga Festival.

I arrived early in the morning and met a few of the Sengoku princess and warriors before the parade started.  Then the group gathered at a local temple for the opening ceremonies.  After that was over the parade began.  In fact, I was able to participate due to befriending one of the caretakers of the Azuchi Castle ruins.  Unfortunately, there were no matchlock rifles or the such, a big disappointment in my opinion since it is needed for a true Sengoku Era Matsuri.  Later I met Nobunaga, the lovely Nohime, and several other Sengoku Era historical figures.  I chatted with them on my work regarding the Battle of Okehazama.

Now, for all its worth, this is one of the better Nobunaga Festivals I have been to.  The Azuchi Nobunaga Matsuri is extremely local.  And on good day, one can see Nobunaga and his posse walk in the footsteps of history. 


Tenka no tame

No comments: