Monday, October 26, 2009

Nobunaga Forum in Gifu Coming November

Gifu will hold a Nobunaga Forum November 21-22. I wish I could be there since Owada Tetsuo and my former professor Matsuda Yukitoshi will be speaking. Tetsuo is the Sengoku king in my book. Nobody better than him.

Here is the link: http://www.city.gifu.lg.jp/c/40124773/40124773.html

This should be a good one and wonder if Dohaland from Samurai Country will attend. Here is a photo from 2001 when I was studying at Gifu University. Professor Matsuda Yukitoshi is next to me. He has taught me so much about Nobunaga and the Sengoku Era. Now he is teaching at Gifu Women's University (Gifu Joshi Daigaku). If anybody knows how I can get in contact with him, let me know ASAP.

Tenka no tame!

4 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

You attended Gifu University? That is very interesting. Was it part of a university exchange program?

otsuke said...

San Diego State University and Gifu University had a student exhange program. Most of my classmates either went to Tokyo or Osaka. I went to Gifu for one reason, Nobunaga.

Gifu is a great loaction since it is only about 15 to 25 minutes to Nagoya by train. There is so much Sengoku history around there. My future to to live, raise a family, and study Nobunaga in Gifu.

owenandbenjamin said...

Good luck on your goal. I assume you speak Japanese.

otsuke said...

Yes, I do speak Japanese and been to Japan 12 times. However, it is not the best. I am only able to speak japanese when I go shopping at Mitsuwa or Nigiya market.