Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Yamamoto Kanzo



Today I found something that caught my attention.  It appears that Yamamoto Kansuke, Takeda Shingen's tactician had a son by the name of Yamamoto Kanzo Nobutomo.  Yamamoto Kanzo was born in 1556 at Takane in Yamanishi Prefecture.  He was killed in action at age of around twenty at the Battle of Nagashino 1575.  He fought Watanabe Moritsuna, a retainer of Tokugawa Ieyasu, and lost his life.

http://www.zephyr.dti.ne.jp/~bushi/siseki/yamamoto-kanzou.htm

I had the chance to visit the Nagashino battlefield last year, but time was not on my side.  I was able to visit the main battlefield and the museum which I highly recommend.  I would love to spend more time roaming around the battlefield since you can get a taste of what Nobunaga and his gunners did on that historic day.

Tenka no tame!

No comments: