Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Agui Castle



My good friend Seishiro Mizuno, who is from the Nagoya area has done some good work on the early career of Nobunaga.  His book Okehazama no Michi has lots photos and maps on Nobunaga's birth to the Battle of Okehazama.  Now Mr. Mizuno has written a short column on Agui Castle. http://ow.ly/uJYL4

Agui Castle played a very small role in the Battle of Okehazama.  Before Matsudaira Motoyasu (Tokugawa Ieyasu) delivered the supplies to Odaka Castle, he was able to visit his mother Odai no Kata at Agui Castle.  Odai no Kata was remarried to Hisamatsu Toshikatsu, who was the lord of Agui Castle.  After meeting his mother, Motoyasu delivered the supplies to Odaka and later attacked Fort Marune on the eve of The Battle of Okehazama.

Tenka no tame!

5 comments:

Daeva said...

Damn, I would love to read that book! It's about my favourite period in Nobunaga's life, his rowdy youth and his first step towards his dream, when all possibilities were still ahead..!
Plus, the "guide" thing looks like something that would really help me in my tours XD !

You sure have some interesting friends ^_^ ! *envies*

otsuke said...

I received my copy as a gift from the Kajino family. That being said, I found the book/magazine being sold at the gift shop on the fifth floor of Nagoya Castle. If you are there, buy it.

Daeva said...

Even if I can't read Japanese? Is it understandable enough?

otsuke said...

There are a lot of pictures and maps in Mr. Mizuno's books. So it might be understandable enough. It is a good book in my opinion.

Daeva said...

Good, I'll try to get my hands on it on my next trip, then ;3

Oh, also, I have to show you this: http://daeva-neesan.dreamwidth.org/554900.html
--I'd love to read your answers, too ^_^