Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More on Nobunaga no Sensoo

Earlier this Spring I have bought a book Nobunaga no Sensoo by Fujimoto Masayuki. To tell you the truth after reading some of the material, thank God I bought it! There is tons of information there. Kitsuno of Samurai Archives mentioned that the Battle of Nagashino in 1575 Nobunaga only used around 1000 muskets instead of the standard 3,000. Just look at pp. 193-253. I can see why Nobunaga only had 1,000. Fujimoto has used the Nobunaga Bible, "Shinchoo-Ko ki," and others as resources. To be fair, Nobunaga had more than 1,000 rifles in his army. 10,000 or more, but only brought around 1,000 to battle. It mentioned in Book 8, Chapter 4 that the Takeda army with their mighty cavalry had five units charged the Oda-Tokugawa army. They were shot to pieces. However, along with the cavalry, the foot soldiers came too. This was a long and bloody battle won by Nobunaga and Ieyasu.

In my soon to be published Okehazama book, I did not put any new information by Fujimoto in my book. Why? I will wait until 2010 when it will be the 450 anniversary of the Battle of Okehazama. Fujimoto mentioned in his book he compared Okehazama to the WWII Battle of Guadanacal. Wow! He mentioned that the Japanese army loved to use sneak attacks throughout their history. I will use the information in a later edition. Fujimoto's book is packed with information. A must have.

As regards to my book, it is in the editing process. So far my editor likes it. To tell you the truth, I want the book published now, but need to be calm and wait.




Nobunaga no Tame! Tenka no Tame!

No comments: