Thursday, October 30, 2008

Still Upset

I am still upset when watching the Nobunaga NHK Taiga drama. I wish there were more fighting scenes in the picture. It is one of the most darkest I have ever seen.
  • No mention of Yanada Masatsuna. A major blunder. This was the man who made Okehazama possible for Nobunaga.
  • Barely a whimper by name of Hattori Haruyasu and Mori Shinsuke. Why?
  • No Takugen Shuon. This man gave the idea of Tenka Fubu, Gifu, and the name Nobunaga.
  • Okehazama battle scene I can live with for now.
  • Saito Yoshitatsu was married to Azai Hisamasa's daughter Omi no kata, not Nobunaga's older sister.
I thought the movie did a good job on the Oda/Tokugawa alliance. However, the lead up to Okehazama was very weak. Did not show the war council and Nobunaga giving them the finger (not interested). A more accutare one is the Nobunaga movie with Ken Watanabe. I wonder what Professor Kitsuno thinks?



One of the best parts of the series is when Nobunaga decapitated the man who was trying to take a look under a lady's veil. Nobunaga cut the man's head in one bloody stoke. A work of genius.


Tenka no tame!

No comments: