Thursday, November 13, 2008

More on Atsumori

As I said before, Ogata Naoto's version of Atsumori was the worst I have ever seen. Here is one that might shock you. The Taikoki television movie was not bad at all. Matsukata Hiroki's version was in fact much better. He was able to sing and dance, but also he had much more feeling in it. To make the part much better, Ono (Nohime), played the hand drum. This is much more accurate than the Taiga drama. The scene alone was worth buying the DVD.

Did Nohime play the hand drum during Nobunaga's finest hour? The chances were high in my opinion. In my Okehazama book I made sure all sides were taken in account. If you read OwadaTetsuo, Okehazama no Tatakai (page, 124), one of his pages played the drum. Somehow, I do believe that Nohime played the hand drum. After all, she is the Viper's daughter. However, I am not going to completely disagree with Owada. I think it is one of the question that will never be answered.

The book is now in the hands of the publisher. Hopefully, the book will be out at the end of the month or the first week of December.




Nobunaga no tame!

No comments: