Monday, March 29, 2010

Edo Era Okehazama Map



This a reproduction of a Okehazama map from the Edo Era. the map has all the key places such as the Oda forts, Imagawa castles, and the story of the battle. I have translated the story of the battle, but quickly found out it is very similar to Ota Gyuichi's Shincho-Ko ki. There is one key element that is different. Yanada Masatsuna is mentioned in the story. A big plus in my opinion.

"Yanada Masatsuna returned from scouting with a dispatch. 'Imagawa Yoshimoto is resting at Dengakuhazama!'"

It is great map, but it is from the Edo Era which sometimes can distort the truth.

Tenka no Tame!

2 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

Very interesting map. Thank you for posting it.

otsuke said...

Thanks. I was going to post the battle story, but it was almost the same as Gyuichi's. At the moment, I a have translated Gyuichi's take on Inoguchi, Anegawa, and Mikatagahara. I plan to post them later in the future.