Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gifu's Honnoji play


I fortunate enough to see Nobunaga and the Honnoji Rebellion play in Gifu right before my student visa expired Fall of 2001. The play was located just near the banks of the Nagahara River. I loved it! The play started with young Nobunaga to his death. If there was one part I would change, it would be Nohime. She was put in the Honnoji Rebellion battle scence and she was killed by the Akechi army. Nohime was at Azuchi Castle at the time and she died on July, 9th, 1612. It did a good job of Nobunaga treating Akechi Mitsuhide as dog meat. The play was outside and a clear night. I have to admit, I was in tears when Nobunaga was killed.

By the way, I also bought Kenichi Sato's Onna Nobunaga. As anybody read it so far or even heard of it. If you have, please reply. I going to start reading tonight.


Tenka no Tame!

No comments: